1. Contact Details
2. How We Collect Your Information
We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our Sites to place an order. We also look at how visitors use our Sites, to help us improve our services and optimise customer experience.
We collect information:
- when you create an account with us or you change your account settings;
- when you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment and order delivery);
- when you give us your consent to contact you via email, phone, post, message or via our chat function to send you marketing campaigns, or to invite you to participate in surveys about our services, or our partners’ services;
- when you contact us directly via email, phone, post, message or via our chat function; and
- when you browse and use our Sites (before and after you create an account with us).
We also collect information from third party sites, such as advertising platforms and our fraud detection provider.
3. Information We Collect From You
As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and visitors to our Sites more generally, we want to be clear about the sorts of information we will collect from you.
When you visit the Sites or make a Mama Food order through the Sites, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, delivery address, order details and payment information such as credit or debit card information. We may also collect your date of birth to verify your age when you purchase age restricted items.
We also collect information about your usage of the Sites and information about you from any messages you post to the Sites or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via e-mail, letter, phone or chat function. If you contact us by phone, we record the call for training and service improvement purposes, and make notes in relation to your call.
We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our Sites. We also collect technical information about your use of our services through a mobile device, for example, carrier, location data and performance data such as mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as use of NFC Tags, QR Codes and/or use of mobile vouchers. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) via any Mama Food mobile application, through your mobile’s browser or otherwise.
We process health information about you only where you volunteer and consent to this, for example if you specify any food allergies.
4. Use Of Your Information
We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law.
Where we need to in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
- to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the Sites;
- to supply the services you have requested;
- to enable us to collect payment from you; and
- to contact you where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order.
We also process your data where we have a legitimate interest for doing so— for example personalisation of our service, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders. We have listed these reasons below:
- to improve the effectiveness and quality of service that our customers can expect from us in the future;
- to tailor content that we or our third party cooking partners or advertising partners display to you, for example so that we can show you cooking partners which are in your area or make sure you see the advertising which is most relevant to you, based on characteristics determined by us;
- to enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible and to provide a positive customer experience;
- to contact you for your views and feedback on our services or our partners’ services and/or products and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the Sites or our services, including letting you know that our services are operating in a new area, where you have asked us to do so;
- to send you information by post about our products, services and promotions (if you do not want to receive these, you can let us know by getting in touch (see Contact Details));
- to analyse your activity on the Sites so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and for statistical and analytical purposes and to help us to prevent fraud;
We also process your data to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect the rights of Mama Food, cooking partners, drivers, or others (including to prevent fraud);
If you submit comments and feedback regarding the Sites and the services, we may use such comments and feedback on the Sites and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you live.Where you have chosen to receive push notifications from us through our mobile application, we may send you push notifications relating to the services that you have requested from us and information about our services and offers. You can choose to stop receiving push notifications from us at any time by changing your preferences on your mobile device or by getting in touch (see Contact Details).
We will also analyse data about your use of our services from your location data to create profiles relating to you and for you. This means that we may make certain assumptions about what you may be interested in and use this, for example, to send you more tailored marketing communications, to present you with cooking partners that we think you will prefer, or to let you know about special offers or products which we think you may be interested in. This activity is referred to as profiling. You have certain rights in relation to this type of processing. Please see ‘Your Rights’ section below for more information.
Where we rely on legitimate interest as a basis for processing your personal information, we carry out a ‘balancing test’ to ensure that our processing is necessary and that your fundamental rights of privacy are not outweighed by our legitimate interests. You can find out more information about these balancing tests by contacting us using the details above.
Where we are under a legal obligation to do so we may use your information to create a record of your order(s) and comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject.
6. Direct Marketing
Where you have given your consent or where we have a legitimate interest for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we will use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you to do so by email, post or phone. You can control your marketing preferences by:
- visiting our website, www.maesfood.com, or mobile application;
- clicking on “Account” (for our website this is under the drop-down menu); and
- scrolling down to “Marketing Preferences”.
7. Automated Decision Making
We conduct fraud checks on all customers. Where we believe we may detect fraudulent activity we may block you from placing an order and using our Sites.
We undertake fraud checks on all customers because this is necessary for us to perform our contracted services to customers, by ensuring that the services we (and cooking partners) provide are duly paid for, and also so that individuals themselves are protected from fraudulent transactions on their cards.
Given the volumes of customers and orders we deal with, we use automated systems including a third party fraud detection provider, which analyses your order data in order to make automated decisions as to whether or not we will accept an order. We find this is a fairer, more accurate and more efficient way of conducting fraud checks since human checks would simply not be possible in the timeframes and given the volumes of customers that we deal with.
The checks and decisions that are made look at various components including known industry indicators of fraud which our expert fraud detection provider makes available to us, as well as fraud patterns we have detected on our Sites. When combined, these generate an automated score indicating the likelihood of a fraudulent transaction. If our systems indicate a high score for you, then we may decline an order or even block you from our services. The specific fraud indicators are dynamic so will change depending on what types of fraud are being detected in the wider world, country and our Sites at any particular time.
You have certain rights in respect of this activity – please see ‘Your Rights’ section below for more information. Our fraud detection is in place to protect all of our customers as well as Mama Food. You have the right to contest any fraud decision made about you and to be given more information about why any such decision was made by contacting us as set out in section 1 above.
8. Retention Of Your Information
We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary.
Information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in the ‘Use of my information’ section above, in line with our legitimate interest or for a period specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, such as retaining the information for regulatory reporting purposes.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved; legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- our legitimate interests where we have carried out balancing tests (see section on ‘How we use your personal information’ above); (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes collected.
9. Disclosure Of Your Information
The information we collect about you will be transferred to and stored on our servers located within the EU.
We are very careful and transparent about who else your information is shared with. We share your information with third party service providers which provide services on our behalf. The types of third party service providers whom we share your information with include for example:
- Payment providers (including online payment providers and fraud detection providers);
- IT service providers (including cloud providers);
- Cooking partners;
- Customer support partners; and
- Marketing and advertising partners.
If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
We may also share your information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation or regulatory requirement. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention;
- in order to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement;
- to protect the rights of Mama Food, cooking partners, drivers, or others, including to prevent fraud; and
- with such third parties as we reasonably consider necessary in order to prevent crime, e.g. the police or for health and safety purposes.
International transfers of data:
- In some cases the personal data we collect from you might be processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such as the United States, the Philippines and the countries in which Mama Food operates. These countries may not have the same protections for your personal data as the EEA has. However, we are obliged to ensure that the personal data that is processed by us and our suppliers outside of the EEA is protected in the same ways as it would be if it was processed within the EEA. There are therefore certain safeguards in place when your data is processed outside of the EEA.
- We ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- your personal data is transferred to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- we use the EU approved Standard Contractual Clauses; and
- where your personal data is transferred to third party providers based in the US, data may be transferred to them if they have self-certified under the Privacy Shield framework in relation to the type of data being transferred, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the EU and the US.
Please contact us using the contact details above if you want further information on the countries to which personal data may be transferred and the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
We adopt robust technologies and policies to ensure the personal information we hold about you is suitably protected.
We take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Where you have chosen a password that allows you to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
11. Your Rights
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out above. For additional information on your rights please contact your data protection authority and see below.
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, update, amend, or delete your information, or that we restrict the processing of such information by contacting us as indicated below.
You may have the right to obtain your personal information in an accessible and transferable format so that you can re-use it for your own purposes across different service providers.
Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
You can object by changing your marketing preferences, disabling cookies as set out in sections 6 and 7 above or by getting in touch (see Contact Details).
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or the Service offerings or to receive further information regarding use of the Site or the Service offerings, please contact us at:
Mama Food Ltd.
77 St Mary’s
Cowes, Island of Wight, PO317ST, United Kingdom